Breaking the cycle of homelessness, one child at a time.
Through nurturing and consistent full-time early education, Precious Lamb Preschool meets the growing demands of Long Beach’s homeless and underserved community. Our goal is to develop school readiness through an emphasis on academic, social and emotional development with curriculum nuanced toward trauma. In partnership with local shelters, children ages 18 months to 5 years old receive full-time, high quality preschool education at absolutely no charge while parents pursue employment, education, rehabilitation, and housing. Precious Lamb was founded in 1999 by Sharalyn Croft in response to the city’s need for affordable childcare, and since then has served hundreds of at risk kids.
Moving from crisis to hope takes the support of many. Will you join us?
- Give the gift of sustainability by becoming a monthly partner. A monthly gift of $25, $50, or $100 will support on-going program needs like curriculum, meals, and teachers that allow us to honor a unique and important 1:4 ratio.
- Make a sizeable one -time financial gift of or more that will enhance and expand our school program and allow for more students to attend
- Support our Food Program- it costs $75 a month to feed one student two healthy snacks and well-balanced lunch
- We are in desperate need of canned and dry food items! Please check out our consumable wish list for suggested items.
- Donate through the Long Beach Community Foundation, Thrivent Choice, Co-Tribute, Boeing, or ask your employee about matching funds
- Donate needed items. Check out our current fall-2016-consumables-wish-list